.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tighten + Tone Tuesday: Finding Your Target Heart Rate Zone - DO try this at home!


Happy Tighten + Tone Tuesday! This week's fitness video is the second part in a two video series that answers the fan question: "How important is it to stay in the Target Zone when working out?" In the first video of the series, I focused on the Fat Burning zone and whether you need to stay in it to burn fat. Catch up on the latest facts for getting your fat burn on by watching that video HERE>>

This week's video will answer the question more generally by taking a look at your Target Heart Rate Zone. You'll learn how to find your target heart rate zone and why you'll want to do this at home (hint: most cardio equipment and charts used outdated formulas to calculate your target heart rate zone).

Ready to honor your heart some more? It is Heart Health Month, after all!

Check out the video to pump up your heart knowledge here:


Did you calculate your Target Heart Rate Zone? How does it compare to the one you see at a gym? Share your thoughts below and share this post to share your new knowledge :)








2 comments:

  1. I keep saying I'm going to start working out at home but I never do. But with six kids that keeps me pretty busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zulema-you can do it! You just have to start small :) For my clients with kids I also recommend getting creative and working out with them ( even just being more active vs. a structured workout). I'd love for you to join my fan fit club too: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FitArmadilloFitClub/ Very informal, but may help you stay on track :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and love my fans :) To learn about becoming a client, click the "contact" button on the bottom right of the screen.