.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

What's for Dinner? Wednesday: Reruns of Favorite Chicken Dishes


Happy What's for Dinner? Wednesday! This Wednesday I'm reporting from down under. That's right, I'm in Australia! My little sister is getting married in 3 days. I can't believe it!!!

Since I'm not near a stove this Wednesday, I thought I'd re-share some of my past recipes.  The round up this week reviews those meals that had chicken as a main ingredient.  If you're just finding this blog, you may not realize that on Wednesdays I share the recipe for one of my favorite healthy meals. I then cook it up and post a picture of the final product in a follow-up post called "Dinner is served!"
If you'd like to play along and cook with me on Wednesdays, make sure to sign up for my e-mail list HERE>>.  You'll get a list of the Wednesday meal ingredients delivered to your inbox on Monday so you can pick up the items you'll need.  Another reason to sign up for the e-mail list? You can get discounts on great programs like my upcoming Run Away from Winter, Get 5K Fit! session and you'll also get your own free copy of my goal setting eBook!  Hope to see you on the A(armadillo)-List.

Getting back to business, here is a list of all of the chicken meals that have been shared:

1.) Chicken Cordon Bleu: A healthy take on the decadent French classic, this one is sure to please your fancy dinner guests and you as it takes minimal hands on time to make.

2.) Lemon Chicken with Red Beans and Quinoa: Delicious and packed full of protein, this dish makes a complete meal when you add your favorite whole grain carbohydrate to the side.

3.) Healthy Take on Taco Salad: Ground chicken stars in this Mexican style meal.

4.) Moroccan Chicken in the Slow Cooker: There's not much to not love with this dish-the slow cooker does most of the work and the result is delicious, moist chicken!

5.) Potato Stuffed with Blue Cheese and Chicken: Don't be fooled by the negative press, potatoes are nutritious (unless they are made into fries and served at McDonald's...). This recipe is easy and a good way to fall back in love with a spud.

6.) Poached Chicken with Green Beans and Nectarine Salad: This was the first recipe I shared! It's one of my favorites and great when nectarines are in season-very refreshing!

Are you a chicken fan? Which of these six dishes would you like to try? Have another thought? I'd love to hear what's on your mind! Let me know by leaving a comment in the space below:








2 comments:

  1. Yum I love chicken, especially in the slow cooker since I'm a lazy cook. May have to give that Moroccan chicken a try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my and my hubby's favorites now! Let me know what you think if you get to it :)

      Delete

I appreciate your comments and love my fans :) To learn about becoming a client, click the "contact" button on the bottom right of the screen.