.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Tighten + Tone Tuesday: Why exercise IS an effective way to lose weight and tips to maximize your routine


Happy Tighten + Tone Tuesday! This week's video is the last in my March Madness series.  Yes, I know it's April 1st, but since March Madness at Fit Armadillo is more about shining a light on fitness myths than it is about March or basketball, I figured it was still timely.  Especially since it's April Fool's Day and this week's myth is one I don't want someone to prank you into believing!

What myth am I uncovering this week? It's the myth that exercise "just isn't proven to aide in weight loss."  This myth always really grinds my gears, because it's just not true!

However, haters are gonna hate and they keep talking all this trash about exercise. I think the myth comes from the fact that while your eating and exercising habits work together to impact your overall weight and weight loss goals, it's a lot easier to overeat than it is to overexercise! 

Most of us don't realize what we actually eat during the day and tend to overestimate the amount of exercise we enjoy.  But "most of us" doesn't have to be YOU! Take charge of your healthy living routine and get a few steps closer to your goal by getting real about your current routine with me.  If you're not sure where to begin, you'll love the quick tips for learning how to modify both your eating and exercising routines that I reveal in the video.


Find out more about my thoughts on the maddening idea that exercise doesn't work by watching this week's video here:



Did you enjoy this video? Share it with a friend and then share your thoughts with a comment below. Did you visit Choose My Plate yet? It's a great resource and I'd love to hear your thoughts on that as well :) Type away: